View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompaah7503 View Post
As a diesel nut AND being environmentally conscious I'd say there are idiots in both camps, as there are idiot democrats, republicans, europeans, asians, blacks, whites and what not.

Take your own reply for example where you blame "enironmentalist liberals" for high diesel prices (ref: Diesel market....time to sell??? ), not much facts there.. I didn't want to hi-jack that thread but this one might be appropriate of asking you, do you have any numbers on US recoverable oil reserves and where are you getting them? If you can present them, please also consider doing the math and divide those reserves (proven and probable) with the current US daily oil consumption and let's see how many days you'd be able to run the US with these oil reserves.

I'll take ANWR as an example so you get the clue: median estimates for ANWR (recoverable, not proven) says there's about 10 billion barrels of crude. That's 500 days of US consumption there. That's right, you'd be able to run the US only 500 days with ANWR. Personally, I don't think that's worth billions of dollars and a ruined environment.

(Came to think about another fun fact: US oil companies are not nationalized, so any crude found and recovered in ANWR would be dumped and priced on NYMEX, i.e. sold to the world market, for world market prices, thus it wouldn't make even a dent in crude prices/your diesel price)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be an a--h-le, but if you're going to accuse treehuggers of not being scientific, please do your own math first.

Have a nice day!
If we remove every pool of oil that is less than 500 days of total US consumption from the market, how much fuel, how much recoverable oil would we have?

B