View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM

My reply to a question about using B100 and leaks.

Using B100 can cause leaks on the older fuel hoses, especially the bypass hoses at each injector. However, this is easily remedied by replacing the hose with the newer vitron fuel hoses. I believe all fuel hoses made over the past several years are vitron based as opposed to rubber based. There is a vast level of knowledge on this subject by people in the Diesel forum. They could explain it better than i but I believe the answer will be the same.

When you first begin using B100, it's important to carry a few extra fuel filters due to the cleaning properties of Biodiesel. I ran two full tanks of B100 through the car and changed the fuel filters. I was amazed at how much gunk was caught in the filters. Lots o black, alga looking garbage. It was explained to me by the folks at European Auto Werks (my local repair shop) that it was years of gunk in the fuel system being stripped out by the biodiesel.

I ran another three tanks through and changed the filters again. This time there was very little gunk so I'm on a regular cycle now of replacing the filters (at oil changes every 3K).

If you would like more information or photos please let me know and I'll be happy to provide them.

On a side note: I run B100 over petrol diesel due to our local retailer in the San Antonio area pricing it $.50 cents below the lowest price petrol diesel in the area.