View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
General n'er do well

Vacuum Control Valve (I Broke it!!)

Hi all,
I am in the process of putting a fresh set of injectors in my 2.5. I pulled them today, and cleaned everything as best as I could to prepare for the new set that Brother Bryan is rebuilding for me somewhere in the North Woods. I noticed that many of the vacuum lines were brittle and I cracked one, so while I was in town yesterday, I picked up some hard line that while slightly larger, will still push into the rubber connectors. I traced out the broken line, and it led to a Y on top of the vacuum control valve. I gently twisted the line and Shazam! the nipple that the hose fits over that USED to be part of the vacuum control valve came off with the hose. I found a new control valve online, but is the blue plastic piece that the hoses connect to replaceable. I looked on my service CDs, and I found the section on adjusting it and it refers to section 27-140 for replacing it, but it seems my ebay service CD has omitted the whole Auto trans section (Section 27) Any insight will be greatly appreciated. BTW: this is my first post, and I think this will be in my sig, but in case it is not, I have a 1990 124,128 602,962
Thanks in advance,
JDC

Last edited by 602 Pilot; 04-05-2009 at 09:23 PM.