View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Same damned thing just happened to me.

Awhile back, I bought a replacement Denso compressor (except I bought a new one, not a reman, so you can imagine how pissed I am...$$$$$) to replace the current one with a noisy bearing in my SL600. The car was having a bunch of other work done at Continental Imports so I shipped them the compressor I had thinking may as well hit that while they were at it.

So Steve calls me back and tells me the same damned thing you're going through. And what's worse, the compressor is different and doesn't pull enough pressure to work properly, even though all the online sites show it as the correct model, it's not *really* the correct model. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF????

So, to add insult to injury, it turns out that the *correct* one is a dealer-only part, and costs $1k. So I had to shell out another grand, in addition to what I paid for the wrong one that Denso told me was the right one (but isn't).

I am annoyed as can be with Denso. It's blatantly clear that they don't know WTF they're talking about when they publish which model compressor is appropriate for which application. Thanks to them, this has been an expensive disaster.