View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
|3iodiesel300T|)

Poll: How many Veggie Oil Miles

Please vote how many miles you have put on ONE car running veggie oil. If you have multiple VO powered vehicles vote once for each car, you can select multiple categories. We've all seen the veg oil arguments around here. Just wondering how many veggie oil miles people have on their cars. This is for veg oil only, not the biodiesel powered cars. Also if you wouldn't mind stating what the car is/was, if you are still running VO, or if you stopped why, and what your VO system is. I'm trying to collect some data to see what we can find. We all know the arguments so please leave the arguing elsewhere.

I have 41k miles of VO use in my 240D, and still going strong. It still fires up no problem in below freezing weather. I've had no issues thus far. I filter to 1 micron and dewater the VO. I have a two tank system with a coolant heated tank and fuel lines, a coolant heater fuel filter, and electric heater, injector line heaters, an auxiliary fuel pump, and a delay timer that closes my return valve 2.5 minutes after I switch back to diesel to avoid putting VO into my diesel tank.
'77 300D ~ Sold

Last edited by Biodiesel300TD; 01-13-2010 at 04:32 PM.