Thread: Best Luxury Car
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Sing Blue Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlovr View Post
Talked to a guy at the dealership who had a 07 CL600 and a DB9 and had owned a Bentley Continental GT. He said that the CL600 was a much better car than the Bentley but he liked the DB9 most of all.
I've driven the Continental GT so I can see how he came to that decision. The Continental looks huge from the outside but every interior dimension is diminutive and there is just no getting away from the fact that your holding a VW key and turning VW heat switches while staring at a VW screen and riding on a VW suspension..... The overall effect really kills the experience. I sat in the back of a Proper Bentley once (Arnage) Those cars are real Bentley's. The DB9 simply trumps all other cars in the looks department so I think his opinion is pretty accurate.

When it comes to the Maybach VS Rolls Royce decision is seems to come down to the personal tastes of the owner. I think it would be accurate to say that the Roller buyer is more of a "Look at me!" type of buyer whereas the Maybach owner would be much more discrete. Personally I would take a Maybach 62 so it's a shame that they aren't going to make them more. I would have imagined that the next generation of Maybach would have been something else entirely and would have retained their amazing interiors but pushing themselves even further from their Mercedes counterparts.

As far as more accessible luxury is concerned you will NEVER do better then a big Mercedes-Benz Coupe The latest in automotive technology, great looks and yet still quite practical.

"The thing is Bob, its not that I'm lazy...its that I just don't care."