View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 03:03 PM
...like a shield of steel

How I adjusted the toe in / out, camber and caster on my W123 300D

G'day Folks,

I've recently rebuilt and renewed the rear and front suspension of my 1981 W123 300D. I've also attempted to do a four wheel alignment. I've done this for “fun” as a hobby. I plan to take my finished efforts to the dealer to get the ultimate verification of the method and my ability.

This method is not new – it is an amalgamation of information I've found from several sources.

This method is not a quick method – it takes a long time – it is fiddly and for many people I guess they will find it frustrating. It has the potential to save you money, however, there is no such thing as a free lunch – read on!

Quick note about safety:-

If you do this to your car you are potentially doing something dangerous. It is not only dangerous performing this technique - cars on slip plates do move! - but it is also potentially dangerous if you get this wrong. After adjusting suspension components don't head straight off into the sunset trying to break the land speed record. Take your time and be sensible – make sure your car is doing what you expect it to.

Warning:- At present I have not taken my car to the dealer to get a 4 wheel alignment to confirm the validity of this method.
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior

Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!