View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Very Odd Stalling Problem

Yesterday I was driving the 280E to my future college to sign up for classes, and when I got into the town it's located in she started stalling like crazy, which was freaking me out as it was very stop and go traffic. When I was leaving the town, there wasn't any stalling, which led me to think maybe it had something to do with the AC being on earlier?

This is where maybe it gets weird and I don't know if there is a connection, but when I got home later I moved the car to a different parking spot and she stalled while I was pulling the car out of the driveway and I noticed the Becker radio looked like it was on. This is weird, because it was just there for looks, the PO had installed a Sony CD player in the glove compartment and that was the only one that worked. When I turned off the car, I could hear something in the rear, and I think it was the antenna motor, which hasn't worked since I've owned the car, either.

As a side note, it has been very hot lately, got to 106 day before last. Are these issues related and what are the possible causes? Thanks for any info
78 280E "Sally" 130k