View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmasterflash View Post
Hey all,

I have a yellow 1975 450sl, and I am looking to sell it, but I was hoping to get some advice on where I could reasonably price/ sell it. It has under 138,000 miles, and is in immaculate condition, except for the interior driver's side door panel, and some speaker connections to the stereo. What would you recommend?

This car has been in a garage for years, and is still a lot of fun to drive, and runs very smoothly.
In mid 2008, according to the SL marketletter, your car in condition 3 out of 6 would have been worth $9k. But if it is truly immaculate, maybe a few thousand more. But with affect of recession, now a few thou less? I did see one locally (in Canada) for sale for only $5500 - It looked very good and I kept meaning to go look at it, but what would I do with two SLs

One place to check, is eBay - look at completed auctions for 72-75 models. To sell, you could try all the free on-line forums ( here, peachparts, ourSL.com) as well as autotrader, eBay and Craigs Lists. Maybe even local newspapers - that how I bought mine, but that was a long time back!

By the way, you can buy the door panels from World Upholstery and fixing the speaker wires should not be a big job.

Good Luck.