View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conski View Post
I was thinking the om603 in a w123 chassis, most likely a 300td (love those wagons with the yellow fogs). I was reading a bit over on superturbodiesel.com and found out that the biggest struggle with diesels is getting the inline pump to push out more fuel. Also saw that a common solution was to upgrade the elements. Once this was done then a bigger turbo (holset seems to be the most popular with the big HP Finns) could be installed or even adding a nice supercharger to the mix. Correct me if I am wrong in any of my thinking or have skipped a couple steps.

What kind of hp could I expect if I upgraded the elements to 7.5mm (guy on superturbodiesel.com does this and gets the parts from a guy in germany can't remember his name though right now) and also upgraded my turbo to say a big holset one (hx40?)?
I don't think it's that common because you need someone to calibrate/tune the ip after the big elements are installed. It's commonly talked about though. There was a guy in the states that was tuning the ip's but he has not been heard from in a while.

With 7.5 elements and a proper tune etc etc... 500hp is not unreasonable. Probably not very drivable though. I would be happy with 225-300 hp from my OM603.

The turbo normally isn't the problem.. it's fuel.

Past
95 E420
87 300D Turbo 5spd
90 300TE
83 300SD
85 300TD
92 400E
85 190D