View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 10:42 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Ok, I forgive you with the broken rivits as you removed them properly. I guess they will break sometimes with the age and if the car is a southern car with the heat.

I had mine apart on the 240 last year right after we got it, to check things out. It sure had an accumulation of dirt after 30 years. got it all washed out, greased the linkages, and threw it all back together.

Had a GTG to go to the next day, and before we left, realized I forgot to attach the wipers. so threw them in the trunk, and off we go.

In the afternoon about the time it broke up it started to rain, so we sat it out in a Mcdonalds having coffee waiting for a break. threw them on real quick and off we go. well the darn things went down first then up a short ways, and back down hitting the window seal and hitting the paint .

so finally, set them up high, and they went down and 3/4 ways across the window on the up swing all the way home for the 100mile drive.

After seeing the PNP picture of how they are set on the motor, I had the little lever set on the motor splines wrong. as I remember it is suppose to be set parrell not in a up or down angle.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works