View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benztec View Post
Seriously!!! How bout you put the fine tooth comb away and just appreciate the fact that someone else is enjoying modifying a 124. It has nothing do to with "something of value". It is about turning it into what I want it to be.
"Seriously"....turn it into whatever you want as that is what life is about..
Not criticizing you, just commenting on your concept.
But don't call it something that it is not which is the only point that I'm making..
Many kitted out 124's and most look great...!!!
You mentioned Jono and I'm sure his position on the use of "Hammer clone" would be even more rigid then mine...just ask him....!!!

I guess I always look at "value" when I use hard earned monies to modify a car...prefer to get something out of what I put in...
Build a car like a kid does and when it comes time to sell you only get "kid money" that is interested in purchasing...
I mentioned an E36 A124 clone, something that never was sold in the USA...do it as correct as possible, as it doesn't cost anymore to replicate then to randomly customize a car.
You'll then have a rare, excellent performing and well balanced vehicle at much less cost then a M117 or M119 transplant,that will command top dollar as it will appeal to a more serious class of buyer
1994 E320 CABRIOLET
1999 C43 AMG
2005 G55K AMG
2008 CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES