View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 PM

Thanks Army

I have been searching on benzworld, but I haven't posted a question there. Regarding the stroke8 forum, that seems pretty underutilized these days. I don't think it gets much traffic. I will keep looking, as I know I saw it somewhere. The post/advice I read suggested a way to get around the necessary measurement gauge, but I just wish I could remember the advice.

I have done my best to adjust the linkages based on the few specific measurements that are given in the FSM for the w115. It will be interesting to see if I can notice a difference in the operation of the vehicle. Thanks again for your help.

If anyone knows the correct way to adjust the linkages that go below the manifolds on the passenger side of the car, please let me know. They connect to the transmission, so I assume they contribute to the shifting of the transmission. My vehicle shifts too early, so ideally I would like to address that. But beggars can't be choosers. These old auto trannys don't use vacuum for the shifting as the later diesels do.