View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 02:28 AM
KeithG

Get that 300D Turbo out of left field!

I am rescuing an '84 300D Turbo in great condition from it's parking spot of 2 years. Supposedly it ran fine when parked, but now I'm having difficulty. We charged the battery, poured 5gal. in the tank, and after a few tries it fired, ran for 30 sec., then I blipped the throttle and it died. A few tries and chargings later, still no dice. We eventually discovered the hand pump, but it leaks so badly, I don't see it doing much good. We then cracked th injector lines and cranked it over trying to bleed them out, but get only bubbles. One mechanic advisor has suggested removing the tank screen and potentially the tank and even fuel lines, to rid them of algae as there was very little fuel (if any) left in the tank while it sat. Another has suggested it may be related to condensation in the tank/lines and we should bleed the water out of the primary fuel filter. The fuel in the pre-filter looks fine though so I am skeptical, and yet, it will not start. Tomorrow we'll begin at the tank screen and go from there. If anyone has experienced this type of situation or has pertinent information of any kind, suggestions or whatever, I'm all ears. One other thing, I removed the rubber intake duct from the Turbo to see if it spun freely. While it was completly frozen at first, we gently applied pressure until it began to move. Now it spins more or less freely. Should I be worried about this? Thanks for everything, Keith