View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 04:52 PM
Driver's Side lights

My GP light started not comming on all the time (had to go from on to off multiple times for the light to come on) and when the light DID come on the starts were very very hard and it would missfire like crazy for about 10-15 seconds. Turns out I had 2 or 3 GPs dead. Replaced them all, now the light comes on everytime, and it starts easy with minimal missfiring now that it's cold. It only misses once or twice every once in a while on cold start ups. I let it preheat a little after the light goes out on first start in the morning. Usually about 10-15 seconds after the light goes out.

As for rough idle, mine will go into these rough idles sometimes, and a tap on the accelerator clears it up. The passenger side engine mount could be changed, but it's not that bad so I'm not going to worry about it for a while.

I am running 15W40 Shell Rimula (specially designed for diesels) right now. Temperatures have only been as low as 32F, and it runs great cold so far.

I have had to replace the battery already (this is into my second year owning this car) and when it was 'dead' the preglow would go fine, but when I could crank it it could give one or two weak cranks then it would barely crank at all and then nothing. Luckily I've got the jeep her to jump from, I preheated off of my battery then when it was time to crank connect the cable and it would start right up no problem.

Start with glow plugs and go from there. Most people on here will say replace only the dead ones. I don't see any problem with replacing only the bad or doing them all at once.

Good luck with your car! By the way, what color is your car? Mine's blueish silver and blue interior.
2005 Chrylser Crossfire LTD 6K

Play guitar? Go to www.cyberfret.com for free online lessons!