View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
What world have you been living in? Since the late 1970's hard core neo-liberal social policies and economic practices have come to dominate the USA and spread around the globe. The last time I checked, self-actualization as a social ideal had been virtually subsumed under the economic interests of multi-national corporations.
My opinions where in regard to the strategic advancement of progressive ideals and ideological intent, perhaps it could have been better articulated.

Your opinions seem to focus more on some objection to the tactical implimentation of policies and practices rather than the ultimate effect of such tactical implimrentation.

It appeared that the conversation was in regard to the state of society here in the US, I would argue that each of the commonly accepted and understood four goals of progressivism to protect social welfare, promote moral improvement, create economic reform, and foster efficiency have been advanced in this society since the 60's and have over that time period for the most part advancement has accelerated. The unintended consequences which are the result of the implimentaion of theoretical progressivism are being manifested and will continue to incrimentally expand their manifestation as the progressive ideology advances in the direction of its goals.

You might disagree with the methodology and implimentation (probably not fast enough, directly impactful enough, or of sufficient irreversability to suit your liking I'd suspect) but it would difficult to understand if your arguement is that over that time period each of the four goals of progressivism have not advanced from where they where at the start of that period of time.