View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 PM
...like a shield of steel

I can almost comment on personal experience for Toulouse France - it wasn't quite there it was a bit further North in the Perigord. I realise that in French terms that's quite a bit further North but in American distances I think we can fudge the distance a bit...

...the problem with that part of the South of France is that it is high enough to get surprisingly harsh winters - I think Toulouse is a bit lower than say Perigueux but not by that much. The summers are great but the winters can be pretty similar to certain parts of Northern France or even further North. It can get pretty cold and you're talking about two of the ****tiest months...

...money wise - France is expensive for food; cheap for motor oil; expensive for clothing and fuel. The cost of housing down that way can be seriously expensive.

Travel from the US to Europe is most likely to get more and more expensive - and if you want to ship vehicles from the US to Europe...

To be hopping from the US to Europe you need to be seriously rich these days.
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior

Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!