View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Ham Shanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljjay View Post
Regarding the stealing comments....

Don't you all think this corporation is stealing from the public, when they offer you 200$ for a perfectly running car?

That they then chop up and quadruple their investment? Pay their employees minimum wage, hire illegal immigrants to keep from paying full wage to Americans....and benefits?

Think of robin hood, stealing from the greedy to feed the poor......

I have even heard comments where people will not even pick up change they find in cars in the yard.....

Granted I haven't ever tried to stuff an injection pump or head in my pants, but if I am removing a part....I put loose nuts n bolts in my pockets and other things that will normally end up in the gravel....

I see no issues in stealing, just don't steal from a mom and pop business or independent person, these people are trying just as hard as you to get by...

We would have people steal from our thrift store, that was a non profit....that was ran to help the homeless population and all these people would have to do is ask if they need clothing.....but they instead stole stuff.....now this is stealing in my book....
Do you hold up gas stations for making a profit on their soda/ hot dogs?

It's a business, one that save us all a bunch of money. If oyu needed any of those parts from the dealer or even Napa it would be 3x-10x more expensive.

Stealing from the public? Come on. If you're a non-mechanic, and you have a dead car taking up space that you can't get trade in value on what do you do-deal with random weirdos on CL or call up the yard that will come pick it up for you no hassle AND pay you? Easy way to get rid of a car, AND it benefits other people with the same model and a small budget looking for parts.