View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooseppi Luna View Post
Urg. Sorry.

@Husky: My impression is that his FIL is not looking to die but rather do way too much.
Agreed. This sounds like my paternal grandfather, who went from more or less okay to dead in a relatively short period of time. There was never an autopsy, so his cause of death was never determined for sure. This happened when I was about three or four, so all I remember of it was that Pop moved in with us briefly and didn't look very steady. I remember him slowly eating a bowl of oatmeal with a look that I would now describe as not quite knowing what was going on and not being happy about it. Then no more Pop. From stories my mom told later, his mind had taken a sudden turn for the worse, and he did things much like Jim has told us about his FIL. Pop didn't seem to know that he wasn't right, and was trying to continue living as he had before. I believe what happened was a series of small strokes that culminated in his passing.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.