Thread: Third Term??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post

I don't think that republicans have exactly cornered the market on coming up with less than complementary names for politicians. That one is universal. CMB, are you sure that YOU are not showing some partisanship with this comment? Maybe you need to open your world up to some other forums to get a wider view of the partisanship on both sides.
During the Bush years there were many terms used for GWB. The Republicans pointed out that if you did not respect the person you should always respect the office. They took the high road and demanded that others do the same.

Then Obama was elected and I heard Republicans coming up with all sorts of names, most of them not very creative, for Obama. I pointed out what they were saying about this only weeks earlier and they noted two important differences. Bush was beyond reproach and Obama is not worthy of respect. So that makes everything all right.

This bit of logic, which is also known as lying, has become rather popular among the right wing over the past few years, but as long as it makes them feel better about losing the election I don't see any way that it will soon let up.