View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 01:21 AM
...like a shield of steel

Wow Graham - I hope my next comment is taken as constructive criticism - but I think you are really over thinking this.

I know it is easier to give out advice when you are not emotionally involved with actually doing the job - I know some jobs are a bit daunting - but you have to crack on and start to do something other than over analysing it!

Give it a go. You've got a spare car if this one ends up with out any front brakes for a while.

My choice would be to try the fancy pliers if you can get them - that has the potential to be the easiest fix.

If that doesn't work I'd set to pulling the hard line out of the car - then I'd replace it with what ever can be made locally for a reasonable amount of dosh.

########

Flexible lines from the master cylinder to the caliper is in my opinion a seriously expensive solution - they would have to be metal coated super duper high spec to stop any bulging during use - I am surprised that "racing people" consider that to be a good fix - I'd expect it to make the brakes feel really unresponsive; hard lines tend to flex less than the flexible ones...
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior

Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!