View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimFreeh View Post
What? Wait!

I thought this link was going to a W123 diesel article.....

Jim
I kind of thought that too, considering which forum we're on. Mine is over 340,000 miles on the original engine, is fun to drive, and got 28.5 mpg on the last tank. OTOH, have you ever driven an air cooled 911? Mein Gott in Himmel! They drive better than nice, are decently good on gas, generally last long, are generally easy to work on, and have a pretty big trunk in front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasper View Post
I have never been able to understand why anyone would want a sports car with a hard top on it. Being closed in seems to defeat much of the purpose and the joy of driving a great car. It seems there are two types of people: agoraphobics and claustrophobics. I tend strongly towards being the latter.

Of course driving is just not the fun it was when I was a teenager and in my twenties. Back in the 1950's and the early 1960's in Virginia there were not many cars on the road, especially at night, and almost no cops. We used to hold races out on the deserted highways. Imagine doing that now.

Richard
My position on that is that if I'm going to lose the roof and the weather protection it provides, then I may as well lose two wheels and a ton or more (literally) of weight and get on a sport bike. I owned a convertible once. Not again. I did, however check out a left over brand new 2012 ZX6R.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.