View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 07:20 PM

China unveils a real marketable passenger jet.

This is a little scary. Especially if it will be priced much lower than Boeing and Airbus for almost identical products. It could represent a real problem for them over time. They have 521 orders before it has even flown?

Apparently it has conventional sourced engines and avionics. China insists on their technology sharing by any supplier so you know where that is going.

A few years ago I tried some Chinese epoxy. It was so good in comparison to what I had used before. I asked the supplier where he was sourcing it from.

He told me it came from Chinas new airspace industry. I ordered several times and figured it was cheap and an exceptional product. Then China stopped it being exported or available to suppliers like I was using. I still have a little left I have saved for those special jobs that it excels at.

I have mentioned over the years that the concept that China can only produce junk is badly flawed. Historically they are smarter than the Japanese as well. This has in a way been proven as they are moving twice as fast as the Japanese did years ago.

One difference though is the Japanese steered almost totally away from junk production. I think China is smart enough to cover both ends instead. Plus the middle ground.

There is still some time till they market a car in north America. They have to satisfy Asian demand with low cost units first. The ideal that whatever they will eventually market here will be junk may be a very serious costly error.

They are currently absorbing the technology of many of the worlds best selling cars now and have been. They may improve on this. It already is and will perhaps become the largest economic war the world has ever experienced.

If I lead a country and felt some form of responsibility. How to deal with this over the long haul that may even be shorter than one could imagine. This should have a high priority.

Instead all actions are like it is no problem or there is no way in modern politics today to deal with little more than putting out fires as they pop up.
The world has changed and Is still changing. Yet North America seems to think there is some status quo that will always be present.

Over history many countries have made similar misteaks. Refusal to change has proven to have a natural consequence.

If this jet is as good quality wise after perhaps a few teething problems. That may not even occur. Besides the respective governments demanding their airlines buy Boeing or Airbus. Both those firms may be in big trouble by five years from now.