View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktron View Post
thanks everyone, especially charlie for the citation. i have read about this pin-locking trick before but did not realize it could be used for adjusting shift rods....is there any evidence that changing manual transmission fluid can affect shifting behavior? (past wear seems like water under the bridge at this point.)
By ' changing trans fluid ' affecting shifting behavior I am assuming you are asking if changing the viscosity of the fluid you are using... based on you saying you are thinking about ' something more viscous' ...
Yes... viscosity makes a difference but I am not going to provide url references... the FSM recommends certain fluids and they have done all sorts of long range ( time wise ) testing on these things...but if you do not trust the FSM then you will not likely trust me saying that....
However, being old, I remember when Chrysler (?) changed their manufacturing tolerances and thus their trans fluid recommendations ' back in the good old days' and people who did not believe their newer and thinner recommendation actually had the trans catch on fire.... LOL