View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Benötigt Mehr Druck!

Quote:
The proportioning valve adjustment allows the range of vacuum to be expanded. For example, a range of 10 in. to 0 in. could be expanded to 12 in. to 0 in. or 15 in. to 0 in. and, in some instances, raised above zero (such as 12 to 2). Generally speaking, a wider range is better, but older trannies with a lot of clutch wear often benefit from a reduced range. Worn clutches are more susceptible to shifts at low pressure. By adjusting to a smaller range and reducing the basic modulator pressure, a slow shift can be modified. Moving the vacuum range also has been of use to cover up valve body problems concerning shift spacing (for example an early shift into 2nd or 3rd).
The only adjustment I see is that little nut under the dome on the side of the valve. So the top of it can come off to, or were you thinking of the nut on the side? Hmm I didn't drill it, was going to open up the 'manifold' line from the pump to the booster and ended up snapping the fitting off, sigh. So I'm trying to get a temporary cobble for this right now, guess it is time for a new line there. Then hopefully later today I'll get back to adjusting this valve.
2000 CLK430 Cabriolet ~58k Sold
2005 Avalanche 4x4 ~66k