View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebewanna View Post
Hi.......

I already have the piece between the pump and block removed, that came off easily and I have the new water pump too.... I actually waited until I got that off to try and remove the stuck bolts so i was not at an angle to strip them but no help.

I dont care of i destroy the old water pump, I just need it off , ill try that tomorrow beating it with a hammer did not work loosening it up

Someone said in another thread Lowes had that size bolt but that is like 75 miles away....Tomorrow Ill see if by luck my not running Range Rover has a few of that size somewhere on it

Hopefully someone will come along that knows that bolt size....
If you have the other housing off you ought to be able to heat it from the inside face with a propane torch. Heat allows penatrating oil to penatrate even more.
Any of the Bolts associated with the Cooling System can be siezed. It is a frequent problem.

One of the Water Pump bolts on mine was broken off by a previous owner. I did not bother to fix that for only one. I used sealant on both of the Gasket faces when I insalled the Pump.

I have had frequent experience drilling out broken off Bolts because I worked at a Naval Ship yard. Lots of corroded steel bolts on stuff.

In general the smaller the bolts get the chances of drilling and removing them decreases.

Small ezout type bolt extraction tools also easily break.

If a helicoil is used and the treads are exosed to the Coolant inside you need to be sure you use some sort of sealant or the Coolant is going to seep between the helicoil and block threads.