View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulfiqar View Post
thats odd,

I have had no problems in doing/undoing those fittings, slather some vaseline on it and push it home - Whenever I disturb one in an older car, I just unscrew the fitting replace the O ring inside. You can also buy its actual quick disconnect tool too, its like a round metal sleeve which expands the clip.

GM fuel line quick disconnect are nice, then I think BMW inspected a GM vehicle and decided to use those in every hose and fitting - power steering lines smack up the rad support - yep you have that plastic fitting which needs to be pushed in with a special tool.
On a 2006 Pontiac G-6 radiator, there is no plastic fitting on the cooler lines to push in with a special tool.
There are two wire clips that are pulled out from the side or top of the fitting with a pick or small screwdriver to release the lines, after prying off two captive plastic retaining collars. You can't unscrew the fittings from the radiator without letting loose the cooler inside the plastic radiator tank.

Trying to get the bottom cooler line to 'click' home during re-assembly can be a real struggle with the extremely cramped space between the V6 engine, radiator and fan-housing. Same thing for the captive plastic collar that needs to be snapped back on to the end of the fitting without breaking it, in order keep the wire clip from popping loose.
All this even with the entire bumper/nose/grille assy. and headlights removed, which is the only way to replace the radiator one one of these turkeys.

Happy Motoring, Mark