View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Banned

House gas heater issues.....

OK, the Carrier Gas Heater in my house appears to be an older generation model. It has worked well over the past ten years. That said, last check-up (over a year ago) the tech said the bearings are going out on the combustion exhaust system and the blower motor is leaking oil and may be unbalanced.

I have not called another company to come take a look so what he said might be true but then he may just be trying to sell me parts and service....the heater has been operating fine for the past year so I kinda doubt the first tech's analysis was accurate.

One day, about four months ago, I smelled a slight odor of natural gas in the garage. I opened the garage door and let it air out. Over the next four months the problem didn't occur again until last week, it happened again and only for one day.

Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to have the gas company come out and check things out.

Question; at this point is it worth it to throw parts at this carrier gas heater or would I be better off replacing it? I understand the newer gas heater models are much more efficient.......

your input and thoughts are appreciated....