View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 10:00 PM
Diesel Dandy

Post Defroster Vents Stuck Open

Thank you ! .

I wonder of anyone has a photo of this vacuum pod he's mentioning ? .

My 1982 240D's defroster vents are also stuck open and the windshield fogging up is maddening .

I just got my cruise control brain and servo back from Kris Rose so I hope to soon have the driver's side dash board and pedal covers off, I'd love to see what I need to do here...

TIA,

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDeputy View Post
My problem (that is somewhat related) was in the summer, my defrost vent was always staying open with AC on, which kept frosting the windshield. Since I was not ready to pull the dash, I found a work around. While laying upside down in the foot well next to the accelerator pedal (so I could see the pod), I was able to wedge a large sized flat head screw driver between the pod and the control box which also compressed the rod down into the pod. This effectually closed the defrost flap sending all ac airflow through the center and side vents. I left the screwdriver in place and was able to screw back the foot well panel. This is not as good a solution as mentioned above since it will require removing the screw driver in the winter to get defrost heat again. Just for me, at least for now, I would prefer that to pulling the dash.