View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Control Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbenz View Post
If one did a DPF/Delete... and eliminated ALL the clean diesel stuff/sensors/etc.... (for Off Roading - of course)

would that GLE 300d-- be a pretty Long lasting/trouble free vehicle???
Got our 2014 ML350 (W166 platform same as the 2016 GLE) in the spring of 2017 as a CPO.

We got it with 50k miles and now have 70k. So far everything good. I did have an emissions sensor issue, that was replaced under CPO warranty.

After we got it there was a clunk on deceleration that was traced to the exhaust system. They kept it a month (hence my experience with the GLC) and did a total exhaust replacement.

Moral of the story, take the 2 year buy up option on the CPO, this will give you 3 years/unlimited miles. Warranty start is original in service date so a 2016 should have at least a year of the original 4/50 warranty effective (as of Dec. 2019). CPO offers a 1 year/unlimited extension that starts when factory warranty ends. If you take the buy up (about $3k adder) you have a 3 year factory backed warranty with unlimited miles on top of the remaining warranty.

The CPO warranty covers all systems and of course the power train. It does exclude anything that is strictly cosmetic - I had a seat trim with a broken tab flapping around that they would not cover. Fixed it with a strategically drilled hole and a zip tie.
2013 E350 Bluetec (my DD)

both my kids cars went to junkyard in 2023
2008 ML320 CDI (Older son’s DD) fatal transmission failure, water soaked/fried rear SAM, numerous other issues, just too far gone to save (165k miles)
2008 E320 Bluetec (Younger son's DD) injector failed open and diluted oil with diesel, spun main bearings (240k miles)

1998 E300DT sold to TimFreeh
1987 300TD sold to vstech