View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 05:08 PM
justinbowser

116 From Hell - Final Chapter???

The other thread was starting to get pretty long so hopefully this will be the final chapter of this tome.

This morning I pulled the l/h side fuel injectors, replaced two, and replaced the hose on all. I started it up and this is about the best it has ran since I started in on this monster about 4 months ago!

I tore apart and cleaned the fuel gauge sender unit so it now looks like the fuel gauge is working. I'll think about borrowing my neighbor's vacuum pump and evacuate the AC and see if it'll hold a vacuum and, if so, I'll toss a couple cans of R12 in it and see what happens.

I feel with a few more odds-and-ends, a r/h side tierod, and a new set of tires this thing is about as ready for the road as it's gonna get. Still need to scrounge a vacuum advance/retard unit for the distributor as I don't think it is functional.

The engine still has a slight miss at idle but y'all have assured me that getting this thing out on the road will do wonders for it's disposition.

I appreciate all of the people on this forum that have kept me pointed in the right direction, without your valuable insight and suggestions I'd probably gotten pissed a long time ago and torched it!

Justin B.