View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 01:44 PM

Leatherique is endorsed by the Rolls Royce, Jaguar, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz clubs of America as being the best leather/cleaner conditioners out there. Comments like "Don't use it. It's bad. It did not werk on my car ether" don't really seem to be very effective given the number of prestigious car manufacturers who swear by the stuff

I've had brilliant success with Leatherique, but I guess people's expectations vary. My brother's old W115 had filthy leather seats, which now look (and smell) like the fine hides they are - and that's a 25+ year-old car. On my newer W124 with grey-interior - I didn't think they needed cleaning, but was amazed at the amount of dirt that came off on the rag. The seats really glowed afterwards (not shiny - mind you - just supple, clean and fragrant).

It's hard to say w/out seeing your seats sixto - it could be accumulated grime was removed by the Oil and the leather really was worn through, in which case a re-dye is the only thing that will bring them back. I'd reccomend another treatment of the rejuv oil, then follow-up with the prest. clean. THe prestine clean in my experience removes the 'oilyness' of the Rejuv. Oil and gives a nice final conditioning/cleaning step that puts a nice satin glow to the leather. Don't give up yet! Also, I don't beleive one must wait until the oil dries completely (although it certainly wouldn't hurt), the Prest. Clean will take car of any residual oil...

Regards,
- Ryan

P.S. Also remember (per Leatherique's literature) The Rejuvinator Oil is meant to push dirt, contaminants, salts to the surface so the Prestine Clean can take it away!
'77 300D - 'Red' 223kmi (sold)
'75 240D - 'Bianca the Blue Bomber' (sold)

Last edited by dieseldude; 07-01-2003 at 01:59 PM.