View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Congrats on your safe and sane journey!

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a question about Unimogs. Is it possible to attach an agricultural 3 point hitch to the rear of one of these so that farm implements can be used. I noticed a photo on the www.mbzponton.org site showed some farm implements attached to the rear, but I couldn't see what sort of attachment was utilized.

I'd love to have a dual-purpose farm truck and tractor for my 20 acres, but only if it were a diesel --a 617 N/A or turbo would do the trick
the 411 model which predates mine was an AG model. The 406 and beyond (post date of mine) are all very AG oriented. You name it and it can be attached. In fact even non ag stuff. (snow blowers, plows, chery pickers, mowers, streetsweeps, railroad maintainance, military armor... etc.) The Unimog is the work horse of the world. All of them except the 404 are diesel. Mine is a 404 with a swapped in 617. None of them used the 617 as an OEM engine though.

There are many AG users in the states with Mogs. You would be VERY wise to pick up a Mog for your purpose. I can lead you to others who do the same if you like. Also check the Unimog forum on this web site.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels