View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Certified diesel nut

Quote:
Originally posted by jpb5151
For some reason, I'm still completely unconvinced that flu vaccines do any good.
I actually agree there. I've never had a flu shot in my life, but have never had a flu bad enough to keep me out of school for more than a day or two. I also wonder if the vaccine could have had a hand in the creation of the super-flu that's killing people off now...by forcing the virus to mutate in order to survive.

Quote:
Originally posted by djugurba
Vaccinating kids, especially those who have no access to healthcare is a BARGAIN for taxpayers who then are free to not pay for Polio wards, measels outbreaks, and tuberculosis sanitariums.
I get the distinct impression that if conservatives/Libertarians had their way, taxpayers wouldn't be paying for the wards, sanitariums, etc either, and that if the people who did get tuberculosis or polio or their families couldn't afford to pay to go to these places, they'd be left out in the cold.

Ironic in a way; they are firm believers in social Darwinism but typicaly subscribe to the creationism theory without question... *shrug*