View Single Post
Old 04-23-2000, 12:26 PM
roas

Adamou,
Forgive me, but surely you must have some other juicy high speed stories to share? You see, being in the, "Land of the Free" where the Highway speed limit is 55 mph in many area's and 70 mph at best, these experiences are hard to come by over here. Sadly, many of us have never driven our car's to their engineered limits and dream of high speed touring (I myself am one)J! Just going over 110-120 mph is risky here due to road conditions, and there are huge risks to our driving privileges for doing so.

I will also second Lee's comment on Driver skill is most important! When I was younger, I would race anything that moved, and was never fortunate enough to have owned a fast car. But let me tell you, I've have my share of grin's at catching Vette's and Mustang's by surprise and blowing there door's before we reach 3rd gear or by the next intersect. It's definitely in planning, if you anticipate a race, downshift, put the engine in it's sweet spot, you have to give yourself a chance and be ready.

------------------
96 C280

[This message has been edited by roas (edited 04-23-2000).]