View Single Post
Old 04-23-2000, 02:42 PM
MB Shop Retiree

Well, I have beaten a couple of stangs, not that many, but a good portion of the old 80's V8 at High-way speeds. The best thing I love about our 2.6 is that It starts in 1st, and I can shift her into the gear I want. on I-95 up in philly, I guy with a 5.0 mustang convertible comes on the off ramp and cuts all the way left in front of me. So I slap it down to 3rd and went right and I started taking pulling ahead. I think the stang kept up well, but considering my car is a 2.6 his a 5.0. Big difference Anyways he pulled back and got into the right lane to follow I95 south while I was taking I495 back to Delaware. I wonder what gear he was in? All I know is when I got about 2/10 a mile in front of him, the guys in his car weren't complaining

As for the ML430, Nobody would think an SUV could haul like that, Especially at high speeds with its 5-speed auto. The only thing to beat me off the mark is a 5.9 or the new 4.7 Grand Cherokees. But if I am even moving a little, like 10mph, and one comes up to me, the poor guys who try (and I have had one girl try to race me) get blown every time. I love the V8. And just hearing her on is more pleasing then any other V8 I have heard. Lets say the only thing I haven't come across yet is a X5. I am pretty sure it could beat me, but if its wet outside, I think I have the edge with my ESP and the most advanced 4wd system in the world!!!

------------------
Chirag (Charlie) Patel

- 99 Mercedes-Benx ML 430 V8 w/custom TV, Video, UHF, speaker system
- 93 190E 2.6 (4-sale) w/ an amp, equalizer, and CD-changer, integrated w. stock stereo for integrated cellular phone speaker system
- had a 93 190E m103 3.2, 5-speed trans,
- had a 88 300E 2.6
- had a 84 300TD w/275k+ miles
- 2001 C-Class - Maybe (if 190E sells)