View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 02:24 PM
backwoods member

Quote:
Originally posted by djugurba
As for these cases, I think that people have tendancies but dont act on them- unless the opportunity arrises. Its the same with shoplifting, etc. However, I think there is some critical mis-firing of synapses going on that lets these perps think they can do these horrid things. I read today that the guy in FLA had a 'slow down kids at play' sign in his yard, and that his neighbors thought he was great with the kids. The experience for the family and community of the case in my former town was a nightmare, and I am sure that it is just as bad for these folks in FLA today. Awful.

Edit: Some are predatory and advertise. There was a case around here with a guy that owned a converted school bus with dozens of bicycles aboard. The guy visited parks, fairs and you name it. He was arrested for being a pedophile. We saw his bus while on a camping trip in the Olympic peninsula area. The bus was remarkable. 2 years later I remember reading the story in the Times. Sounds like the guy in Florida had already hung out a shingle....

'00 ML320 "Casper"
'92 400E "Stella"

Last edited by Lebenz; 02-06-2004 at 02:32 PM.