View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 07:19 PM

I've driven cars with a front Euro plates for years in my 2 tag state without getting stopped. Most cops are car people too and unless you are doing something stupid or they are having a bad day, they won't bother you for Euro tag. A few months ago I got a matching pair of Italian Euros for my Alfa and just stuck my real tag in the back window and havn't been pulled over (yet) but then, I've never had a cop behind me yet either.

P.S. The modern looking plates with the blue bar didn't become standard until 1994 so the all white one is right for an '87 but I think for my '87 above with the moden W124 bodystyle the current style looks best. As for getting one personalized, not unless the car is all pimped out. I think an original random number tag looks best on a stock vehicle. As for printing "Move Over" backwards on a plate, that may look rather tacky and probably impossible without making custom reverse letters to stamp out the plate with. If you must do that, why not go to a sign printing shop and have them make up a windsheild decal like that for only $20-30.