View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 12:05 PM

1992 300CE W124 Doorlock Problem

All was fine with my car until I went to valet the other ngiht, I don;t know what the guy did, but my locks are not working right. Here is the scenario. Perhaps somone can she some light on this....

1. I can lock the car witht he key from the drivers side and trunk and all locks work as they should.

2. I can lock the passenger door witht he key, and it locks but none of the other locks lock or unlock.

3. I have a remote keyless entry system I put in. It is hooked up correctly. It is no longer locking or unlocking the doors.

4. If I reset the vacuum pump under the passenger rear seat, the keyless entry will lock the doors but will not unlock them.

5. I already disconnected the keyless entry locking from the door lock system to test.

6. Even after a reset of the vacuum pump, by disconnecting it and waiting for 5 minutes or so, the passenger door will not lock or unlock the car.

I need to get this figured out. I will be filing a claim with the valet place, as they are the ones who after me waiting for my car for 20 minutes came and said we were having a problem with yoru alarm, which is when the problem started. THe valet I guess did not understand to push the button on the remote with the picture of an open lock on it to unlock the car. I spoke with valet manager, and he has said I can come and file a claim. I just want to be able to tell them what the problem is, and be able to get a figure on how much it will cost to fix. I suspect it is electrical, as the pump operates all the doors from thr trunk and driver side, but the passenger side does not operate all the doors or the trunk.

Please advise, I am usually very good at figuring these things out, but it is driving me nuts.

Hopefully I can file the claim, and they will let me get it fixed at their expense, considering they are the ones who caused the problem. But you never know, they may tell me it's not their problem, in which case I am stuck fixing it at my expense. But since I can probably figure it out with your help, I am asking for the assistance in where to start.

I never had this problem in the 4 years I have had the car, and I have had remote keyless entry on it since I bought the car.

Anyone have any ideas where to start. Please rememeber I already disconnected the remote keyless entry portion of the alarm system to eliminate it fromt he problem. If after disconnecting it, the problem was not there, I would know where the culprit is, but since it is still doing the same thing, I am at a loss right now.

Anyone have any ideas as to where the problem is, I am sure it is somewhere inside the door perhaps. After looking at the door lock system, I know there are 3 wires that send a signal to the pump for lock/unlock. Blue, Yellow and Green. I also know there is the white wire with 3 pins inside it's white plug that is also there at the pump with another wire that has 3 pins in it in a black plug. When I disconnect this wire, and the main power lead from the pump and the lead with the yellow green and blue wire in it from the pump connector, and wiat for a few minutes, then plug it back in I hear the pump make a noise, and the locks work fine from the driver side and trunk, but when I try locking/unlocking from the passenger side, only the passenger side locks and unlocks.

Please advise. I just want my locks to work as they should.

Alon