View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 06:56 AM
"The Wizard of Oz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRacing
After installing my new B2 piston SNIP..
What did you do while installing the B2 piston? It didn't leak there before the B2, but now leaks after the B2.
I read in some posts that you should put a block of wood between the body and trans to improve clearance while installing the B2. If you did this, could it have damaged something on the top of the trans?
I have looked at the photos of my transmission and cannot see anything which could have been damaged.
Can you check and locate exactly where the ATF is coming from?
wipe it down and momentarily engage whatever gear causes the leak, then stop the engine and using your hand, locate the highest point where hrte ATF is located, wiping your hand each time. Then locate how far forward it is wet with ATF. Edit the photos to indicate location of the leak.

This will allow someone from this forum to guide you further with the diagnosis of your problem.

Would anyone care to identify the 3 pistons on the transmission, 2 on RHS, 1 on LHS? I have not needed to work on one yet, but would like to know where to look..
Attached Thumbnails
Leaking transmission-f-gbox-rhs1.jpg   Leaking transmission-f-gbox-lhs1.jpg  
Elizabeth '81 280E, sporting a '79 300D engine.
Lucille '87 W124 300D non-turbo 6 cylinder OM603, Pearl Grey with light grey interior

Various parts cars including 280E, 230C & 300D in various states of disassembly.

Last edited by TonyFromWestOz; 03-07-2005 at 07:03 AM.