View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Rogue T Intolerant!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade
ok lets see, the climate control switches are horizontal slides, there are two,one just below the two center vents and one above the two round temp selector dials just above the radio,the lower one seems to direct the air either up or down, if that makes sense. there is only one tee that splits off of the main vac line.this seems to supply all the vac needs into the dash thru the fire wall, as well as the regulating valve and transmission.the reg valve itself has a black vent line on the very bottom of the vertical plate, which is capped off. there are also two lines going into the reg valve,the one closest to the front of the car has also been capped off,the line closest to the fire wall is the line which comes off the main tee,this one is still connected. when i do a vac test on the reg valve on this line it does not hold any vac at all. thus my problem with turning off the car,there is just too much of a leak at the reg valve.a test on the line directly to the transmission is good,hols lots of vac for a long time. that is why iam curious as to what might happen if i just leave a direct vac line to the transmission connected,i guess it would not shift any worse than it does.or would it hurt things more with a full constant supply of vacuum? again i ask, what excactly is the purpose of the reg valve? can it be removed and serviced? do i really need it? and then of course there is the climate control stuff, iam hoping that it is mechanical and not vacuum operated, any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Wade,
you lucky freakin devil! It sounds like you have a Euro 300D based on your description of the manual climate controls. That is excellent! The old climate control was awful, the newer one has issues alot also. So manual controls is the best scenario. Do you also have cloth seats? manual sunroof?
Anyway, it sounds like you may have a 3/2 valve on top of your valve cover, which is what my wagon has. I'll attach a couple of pics, but basically, and you'll have to play with this some, but one line comes off of main vac line to 3/2 valve. One goes from 3/2 valve to tranny modulator, which I'm guessing is on passenger side of your tranny. The third line is capped/plugged.
The 3/2 valve lessens the vac to tranny during acceleration, and combined with the adjustment of tranny modulator caused tranny to shift. Too much vacuum and the tranny shifts early and also will flare shifts. Too little or no vacuum and it shifts incredibly late and hard. Play with the vacuum to the tranny, and then worry about adjusting modulator. do a search on this forum for tranny vac adjustments, and also look up at stickys at top of forum. You have an older style of tranny and modulator than alot of the posts, so just look for the ones that seem to describe your components.
On the tranny modulator, clockwise makes shifts later, ccw shifts earlier.
If you have a different setup than the 3/2, then like Emily Latella(or was it Rosanne Rosanna-danna) would say, "Nevermind". (that will be lost on the young folks)

[see pic with this thread. It wouldn't let me attach pic again]

Yipes I guess I am glad I have a non turbo
Attached Thumbnails
omitting regulating valve-mb-stuff-020.jpg  

Gone:
'95 E300 188K "Batmobile" Texas Unfriendly Black
'85 300TD 235K "The Wagon" Texas Friendly White
'80 240D 154K "China" Scar engine installed
'81 300TD 240K "Smash"
'80 240D 230K "The Squash"
'81 240D 293K"Scar" Rear ended harder than Elton John

Last edited by JimmyL; 07-19-2005 at 01:34 AM.