View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 01:11 PM

Stroke victim(dad) comes home....

If you guys recall, my father had a stroke back in March.

After 7 mos, he's back home. My house anyway.

After leaving the hospital, he went to a rehad/nursing home for 2 months then to an assisted living facility near my house.

When he entered the ALF, he was completely incoherent, had sever dementia and was out of it, in addition to being in a wheelchair.

I'm happy to say that he's 85% of what he used to be and hopefully will continue to improve.

His mind has recovered for the most part and even the nurses at the ALF were asking me why he was there.

Phsically, he is still slightly impaired and limps a lot when tired, although he doesn't notice it.

He's been here for a week now and I have left him alone for 3 hours at a time with no accidents, fall, etc.....

As long as I leave him espresso(decaf, he doesn't know) and cigarettes( I know, but he won't quit) he seems to be fine.

Being the malcontent that he is, I'm sure he'll be unhappy soon. He looks for reasons to complain and be unhappy than the opposite.

I've noticed that he sleeps a hell of a lot though. Baseball is his passion and that will be over in a couple of weeks.

We'll see what he wants then.