Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Car Audio and Multimedia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2003, 05:34 PM
KenP's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 418
Alpine CD Adapter?

Have a "previously owned" (read used) 1996 S500 Coupe with factory Bose system.
Took the inner trunk panel off for the first time today and saw that the CD changer was connected to the factory audio system with a BlitzSafe adapter model MBALP DMXV.1
I assume this means that the changer (an Alpine CHM-S601) was added to the car sometime after it was built.
I've been thinking about upgrading to an S-634 so I can listen to MP3s...
I've prowled the archives and the BlitzSafe web site... BlitzSafe says this adapter will work with the S-634, but on another page it says there is an additional Alpine adapter (KCA-130B) for this changer.
Can I simply replace the S-601 and plug in a S-634 to the cable that I already have in the trunk that runs from the BlitzSafe adapter and the S-601? or, is the Alpine adapter needed also?
Thanks for any insight.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Posts: n/a
Only Alpine M-Bus protocol CD-Changers e.g. CHM-S620, 601 will work with your car. The other Alpine changers with CHA model designations have different input connector (Mini-DIN instead of 8-Pin DIN) and Ai-Net interface.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:18 PM
KenP's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 418
Still confused

Thanks for the reply, but now I'm more confused than ever...
Are you saying the S634 isn't compatible at all with the W140 radio system? If you do a search on this topic in the archives, there are folks who have apparently done it...
I've read that the S634 is switchable between the two protocols used by Mercedes. No?
The BlitzSafe website clearly says that the adapter I already have is the required one for 94-98 Mercedes (other than M Class) with the Alpine S634.
What I need to know is what else I need to replace my S601 with a S634.
Anybody out there that has done this???
Thanks, KenP
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 04:36 AM
Posts: n/a
Additional adapter is required for the CHA-S634 dual-bus changer to work with your car, in conjunction w/ existing Blitzsafe interface adapter. For more infos and pricing, browse under Alpine CD-changers and accessories.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:56 PM
sixto's Avatar
smoke gets in your eyes
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 20,793
Sorry to butt in...


Is there any way to adapt a Sony changer with MP3 capability to work in place of the factory CD changer in a 95 S420? Perhaps by modifying the Alpine adapters?

95 S420
91 300SE
87 300SDL
83 300SD
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Posts: n/a
There is no adapter for Sony UniLink protocol to other serial bus.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page