Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
BusyBenz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
NADA is a farse!

In Massachusetts, the Registry of Motor vehicles accesses their 5% sales tax on either bill of sale, or NADA, whichever is higher.

I bought from my sister-in-law her 1980 450SL The car's odometer stopped working at 179K. I have put some money into it, new tires, front brakes, etc.

The NADA lists this car, model and year, at LOW book, $10,100 with middle book at $15K and high book at $21K

These are prices that only the best examples of 1989 560SL with low low mileage are commanding currently in the open market.

While there is an obvious wharp here in true value, why is my car so damned high in the NADA. Is this for the purpous of State agencies to collect more tax monies than they really should?

Are State governments for the purpous of it's people, or are it's people the purpous of the state government?

I am simply trying to secure a title in order to sell the 450SL. To obtain a title in Mass, you must first pay sales tax. I am asking $2,500 for the car, so to sell it, I must pay $505, plus $50 for the title, then wait 4 to 6 weeks for them to put title in the mail! I'm livid!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:23 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Thank Kerry and Kennedy.....thats what happens when you keep putting that sort of people back in office. They think your money is their money.

Is there any sort of adjustment process?

In VA they use the same method to assess value...you can however agrue the assessment due to high miles or poor physical condition. With documentation.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:27 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
BHD . . . the correlation between US Senators and the state government is . . .
Oh, I forgot we were working in "BHDWorld."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:28 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI
BHD . . . the correlation between US Senators and the state government is . . .
Oh, I forgot we were working in "BHDWorld."
the Corelation is "lefties in office"
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:44 PM
dkveuro's Avatar
Sword of Damocles
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Here an' there.
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBenz
In Massachusetts, the Registry of Motor vehicles accesses their 5% sales tax on either bill of sale, or NADA, whichever is higher.

Are State governments for the purpous of it's people, or are it's people the purpous of the state government? .............
:
You could register it through an out of state agency.

To my jaundiced eye it appear thus : They are collecting tax revenue on non existent monies.

This is fraudulent taxation.
Surely, taxes are a fractional percentage of the money changing hands. .
This 'total' has to be present to be taxed...How can tax be collected on a theoretical amount ?

Someone with some clout needs to address the problem at source...
I think we should all barter from now on.....

Damp tea, anybody?.




.
__________________
[http://languageandgrammar.com/2008/01/14/youve-got-problems-not-issues/ ]

"A liberal is someone who feels they owe a great debt to their fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2005, 05:07 PM
BusyBenz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkveuro
You could register it through an out of state agency.

To my jaundiced eye it appear thus : They are collecting tax revenue on non existent monies.

This is fraudulent taxation.
Surely, taxes are a fractional percentage of the money changing hands. .
This 'total' has to be present to be taxed...How can tax be collected on a theoretical amount ?

Someone with some clout needs to address the problem at source...
I think we should all barter from now on.....

Damp tea, anybody?.




.
People are afraid to speak up! There should be hell raised over this! People have become fearful of state governments.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
BusyBenz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
Thank Kerry and Kennedy.....thats what happens when you keep putting that sort of people back in office. They think your money is their money.

Is there any sort of adjustment process?

In VA they use the same method to assess value...you can however agrue the assessment due to high miles or poor physical condition. With documentation.
BHD, Massachusetts has been under republican governorship for a very long time. It is they who turned all the furnature around, thus becoming one of the most corrupt states in the union! They run it like Hitler ran Germany!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBenz
BHD, Massachusetts has been under republican governorship for a very long time. It is they who turned all the furnature around, thus becoming one of the most corrupt states in the union! They run it like Hitler ran Germany!

Kennedy....Kerry.....its been corrupt since the early 60's....


Don't blame it on the current republican governer....
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2005, 03:52 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
BusyBenz . . . don't confuse him with facts . . . it just makes him more of an . . . uh . . . epitomy, yeah, that's the ticket . . ..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2005, 03:54 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI
BusyBenz . . . don't confuse him with facts . . . it just makes him more of an . . . uh . . . epitomy, yeah, that's the ticket . . ..
Mass.. is not a bastian of conservative values....its leftie central...blame it on the lefties who did it...not hang it on one conservative.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-21-2005, 03:56 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
See, what did I tell you . . .
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-21-2005, 03:59 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI
See, what did I tell you . . .
So the lefties are going to argue they are really conservatives now I suppose.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Watch what this provokes . . .

Michael Dukakis 1983 1991 Democrat
William F. Weld 1991 1997 Republican
Argeo Paul Cellucci 1997 2001 Republican
Jane M. Swift 2001 2003 Republican
Willard Mitt Romney 2003 present Republican

I suppose the voters in MA enjoy torturing their governors, electing them and giving them a Democratic legislature.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-21-2005, 04:09 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI
Watch what this provokes . . .

Michael Dukakis 1983 1991 Democrat
William F. Weld 1991 1997 Republican
Argeo Paul Cellucci 1997 2001 Republican
Jane M. Swift 2001 2003 Republican
Willard Mitt Romney 2003 present Republican

I suppose the voters in MA enjoy torturing their governors, electing them and giving them a Democratic legislature.
Governer does not equal Emporer..its the legislature who wastes your tax dollars..not the governer....have you ever had civics?
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-21-2005, 04:11 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
Governer does not equal Emporer
So, they're really "girly men" like Ahrnold and the current PODUS?

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NADA prices for 80 450 SL BusyBenz Mercedes-Benz SL Discussion Forum 5 02-13-2006 09:38 AM
NADA and Kelly pxland Off-Topic Discussion 6 05-01-2005 10:27 AM
NADA -vs- Kelley Cal Ratcliff Off-Topic Discussion 7 03-07-2005 01:44 PM
What should a good 300TD go for? ferreed Diesel Discussion 22 02-14-2005 11:01 PM
NADA, Edmunds, Galves, Kelly... who's insane? GottaDiesel Diesel Discussion 10 10-02-2003 11:16 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page