Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2006, 04:04 AM
cmac2012's Avatar
Renaissance Dude
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 19,579
It's finally happened: Bill O'Reilly has gone off the deep end

Careful what you say if'n you get on Bill's radio show. Say anything untoward or obscene, and you just might get a visit from FOX Security.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603030010

Bill O's career:

__________________
cmac

1986 300SDL, 351K
1984 300D, 133K
  #2  
Old 03-10-2006, 06:43 AM
This space for sale
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,351
What a pussy.

The caller didn't give any signs in the few words he said that he is going to be "untoward and obscene". Billy Boy's got issues. If I were to be threatened by "Fox's security staff"... I'd be laughing my ass off. What are they going to do, spam me wih conservative right wing junk?
  #3  
Old 03-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 40,780
Believe that will have a negative effect on his ratings?

Dream on.

Shows like that thrive on publicity, good or bad. No publicity is what hurts them. By posting his name you are part of the cabal keeping him rich and in the driver's seat.

B
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
  #4  
Old 03-10-2006, 10:22 AM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
What was he think'n ??

You both got that right.

"Billy Boy" has got some issues. But the rest of us have remotes.

Thereís not a damn thing Fox security can do to a caller, even if they were to get obscene. The broadcast is Foxís responsibility. Releasing any information on the caller without their consent will only bring the lawyers into the picture, and not to the benefit of Fox.

Publicity. Botís dead on there. Itís no publicity that kills these guys. Even folks that hate where Bill stands will watch for the simple entertainment value of what he may do/say next. BS or not.

Remember - Youíve got the remote.
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
  #5  
Old 03-10-2006, 10:27 AM
GermanStar's Avatar
Annelid wrangler
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 4,932
You mean he's been reasonably sane and stable up until now?
  #6  
Old 03-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Believe that will have a negative effect on his ratings?

Dream on.

Shows like that thrive on publicity, good or bad. No publicity is what hurts them. By posting his name you are part of the cabal keeping him rich and in the driver's seat.

B
I disagree on the publicity. The morons that watch and spout his drivel like it's gospel need to know that their shaman is an idiot. I don't want his ilk squelched through disinterest, I want the idiocy brought out to the public light and ridiculed. I hope the guy gets a 100 share and 99% of the people watching recognize him for the liar and moron he is.
  #7  
Old 03-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 40,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop
I disagree on the publicity. The morons that watch and spout his drivel like it's gospel need to know that their shaman is an idiot. I don't want his ilk squelched through disinterest, I want the idiocy brought out to the public light and ridiculed. I hope the guy gets a 100 share and 99% of the people watching recognize him for the liar and moron he is.
You maybe right. I certainly wouldn't argue that anybody should not express their opinions if they want to do so.

Would you suppose that the opinions of leftie-Americans would have a moderating impact on the Limbaughists and O'Reillyites? I think it probably does more to support their paranoid belief in a Vast leftwing Conspiracy. As long as they get positive feedback in that belief they will exhibit the 'heard' instinct.
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
  #8  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop
I disagree on the publicity. The morons that watch and spout his drivel like it's gospel need to know that their shaman is an idiot. I don't want his ilk squelched through disinterest, I want the idiocy brought out to the public light and ridiculed. I hope the guy gets a 100 share and 99% of the people watching recognize him for the liar and moron he is.
That tack hasn't worked with Rush, why would it with OReilly? I'll choose to ignore.
  #9  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:11 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Yeah...more left wing ranting against a conservative show host. Like thats new. Since those same people still argue Rathergate wast true even in the total absense of any facts.


The New DNC moto " Why let the facts get in the way of a story"
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #10  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mexico
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
Yeah...more left wing ranting against a conservative show host. Like thats new. Since those same people still argue Rathergate wast true even in the total absense of any facts.


The New DNC moto " Why let the facts get in the way of a story"
Yea, and too bad you still think his show is fair and balanced..i bet you enjoy entering his no spin zone.
__________________
87' 300E champagne - Euro headlights and corners, 8-hole rims, 140,000miles/220,00km.
  #11  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
So what the caller was a jerk and got called on it. Last I check The Factor beats all the other shows in ratings by a huge margin.

Good show, just because you don't agree with a point of view don't be little it. Besides you liberals have NPR.
__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
  #12  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mexico
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy
So what the caller was a jerk and got called on it. Last I check The Factor beats all the other shows in ratings by a huge margin.

Good show, just because you don't agree with a point of view don't be little it. Besides you liberals have NPR.
When did I say the show wasn't good? I'm questioning the no spin zone claims and it's balanced views.
__________________
87' 300E champagne - Euro headlights and corners, 8-hole rims, 140,000miles/220,00km.
  #13  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:42 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis100
Yea, and too bad you still think his show is fair and balanced..i bet you enjoy entering his no spin zone.
look at who you rally behind......the most left leaning bunch of biased liars on the air...CBS.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  #14  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Well in that case I would say it is pretty centered with a slight right tilt. I think his show is so popular because a lot of Americans agree with his views.

For example he isn't pro death penalty. Wants a good guest worker program for Mexicans to.

You can't really say he is right wing.
__________________
2020 GMC Sierra Denali
2007 Tiara 3200
  #15  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
GermanStar's Avatar
Annelid wrangler
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 4,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy
Well in that case I would say it is pretty centered with a slight right tilt. I think his show is so popular because a lot of Americans agree with his views.

For example he isn't pro death penalty. Wants a good guest worker program for Mexicans to.

You can't really say he is right wing.
No, he's just another hater. Nothin' sells these days like some good old fashioned hate.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page