Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2013, 03:58 PM
The Swede's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 286
DUI Checkpoint Video

4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched without Consent, Rights Taken Away, while Innocent - YouTube
__________________
'17 Subaru WRX STI
'13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
'13 Orbea Carpe 9-speed

Currently Benzless
Formerly: 300TD, S600, E55, 560SEL

---= The forest breathes, listen.
-Native American elder
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 PM
waterboarding w/medmech
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coming to your hometown
Posts: 7,987
**** the pigs
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 18,355
Officer Ross is probably related to this guy:

Top US Spy Chief Claims
__________________
1977 300d 70k--sold 08
1985 300TD 185k+
1984 307d 126k--sold 8/03
1985 409d 65k--sold 06
1984 300SD 315k--daughter's car
1979 300SD 122k--sold 2/11
1999 Fuso FG Expedition Camper
1993 GMC Sierra 6.5 TD 4x4
1982 Bluebird Wanderlodge CAT 3208--Sold 2/13
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,784
I'm not a fan of checkpoints, or illegal searches, or prohibition of recreational drugs, or of cops being A-holes. However, the kid could have been on his way in 30 seconds had he been cooperative.
__________________
Anyone who thinks a 300D is fast drives too slow.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 360,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 28,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Crystal Beach FL
Posts: 90
I think you might be missing the point, SKIPPY. Return here with your opinion (which I disagree with - but respect 100%) when it is your turn. Cooperation and submittal are a fine line we shouldn't be subject to - EVER!!!
__________________
82 300D Turbo 124,000 mi.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 18,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I'm not a fan of checkpoints, or illegal searches, or prohibition of recreational drugs, or of cops being A-holes. However, the kid could have been on his way in 30 seconds had he been cooperative.
How was he not cooperative? He did everything that was legally required of him. The cop was pissed because he wouldn't roll his window down. Why should he roll his window down?
__________________
1977 300d 70k--sold 08
1985 300TD 185k+
1984 307d 126k--sold 8/03
1985 409d 65k--sold 06
1984 300SD 315k--daughter's car
1979 300SD 122k--sold 2/11
1999 Fuso FG Expedition Camper
1993 GMC Sierra 6.5 TD 4x4
1982 Bluebird Wanderlodge CAT 3208--Sold 2/13
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
How was he not cooperative? He did everything that was legally required of him. The cop was pissed because he wouldn't roll his window down. Why should he roll his window down?
Because it gets him through the checkpoint faster.
__________________
Anyone who thinks a 300D is fast drives too slow.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 360,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 28,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:03 PM
TheDon's Avatar
Open Discussion Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,212
acting like a dick is probable cause. Just some punk kid looking for youtube hits and attention
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
acting like a dick is probable cause. Just some punk kid looking for youtube hits and attention
I don't think "acting like a dick" constitutes legal probable cause. However if you're acting that way, cops have ways to make your life more difficult. Most of those ways are improper and can come back to bite them, but they usually don't. I'm actually glad people like that kid take the time to remind cops of the way things are legally supposed to work. They just shouldn't be surprised or upset that it's a hassle.
__________________
Anyone who thinks a 300D is fast drives too slow.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 360,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 28,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I don't think "acting like a dick" constitutes legal probable cause. However if you're acting that way, cops have ways to make your life more difficult. Most of those ways are improper and can come back to bite them, but they usually don't. I'm actually glad people like that kid take the time to remind cops of the way things are legally supposed to work. They just shouldn't be surprised or upset that it's a hassle.
Fortunately, the kid made the cop's life just as difficult. How would you like to have video of yourself acting like a cock, with your real name attached, published for the whole country to view? More people need to do this. Turn the bad cops who are in it for the power trip into social pariahs and laughingstocks.

Cheap surveillance cuts both ways, and "they" need to be cock-slapped with the notion that "we" are watching them as well.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Welcome to America. He is lucky the cops didn't plant a baggy and arrest him for possession.
__________________
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
2007 Tiara 3200

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Welcome to America. He is lucky the cops didn't plant a baggy and arrest him for possession.
kinda like these cops did to this homeless woman?

Police plant drugs on homeless black woman - YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Welcome to America. He is lucky the cops didn't plant a baggy and arrest him for possession.
I figure they would have if the camera hadn't been there. Another reason I'm not thrilled with the War On Some Drugs.
__________________
Anyone who thinks a 300D is fast drives too slow.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 360,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 28,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
How would you like to have video of yourself acting like a cock, with your real name attached, published for the whole country to view?
It will be bad enough when my karaoke performances make it to youtube
__________________
Anyone who thinks a 300D is fast drives too slow.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 360,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 28,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,837
OK. So here's my question, it may be different in Ontario but we have ride checks here as well. I don't even drink and have zero interest in drugs. I know I'm supposed to stop at all ride checks. I roll down the window, they ask me if I've been drinking, I say no and let let me go. They're polite and so am I.

If I were to stop as required, and when asked if I'm drinking I respond with, '' Am I legally required to answer that? '' what would happen? I stopped, it's not against the law to have one drink and then drive away as I would not be impared. If I was imparied, or thought maybe I was, then I would be self incriminating by admitting to a criminal offense. Somehow, that doesn't seem like a good idea.
So, if the cop says yes, that I have to answer their '' am I drinking question '' what should I do? Say no, because I really wasn't, and then check it out latter? I could do that now but I rarely get stopped. They would see I wasn't drinking so that's not my concern. I wonder if road side checks are even legal. The stop is, but the question may not be?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page