Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:52 PM
INSIDIOUS's Avatar
Electron spewer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Honah Lee
Posts: 11,002
Rape Victim Sentenced

BBC News - Sudan court convicts Ethiopian woman over 'gang-rape'

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:59 PM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
The dickens, you say . . . Sudan, that pillar of justice and humanity if Africa . . .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Can't Know's Avatar
Registered Slacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 733
All of the problems their country has, and this is where they're investing their efforts.

I guess that helps explain some of the problems their country has...


and thus, the cycle continues.



Just because a system of justice is employed in order to enforce barbaric tribal custom and ritual does not mean that justice results.

In fact, it's quite the opposite. It simply points out all the more how grievous is the injustice.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Well its the third world, what do you expect?
__________________
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
2007 Tiara 3200

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Well its the third world, what do you expect?
I expect the USA Feds to invite Sudanese over here, give them free housing, free food, a free phone, tax credits and since they are black they will get preference in many areas ( as if they were personally discriminated against) and then tell them they don't need to speak English or learn our customs. Which means they will continue to live the code they've grown up with and liberals will rejoice because we are "diverse". Kumbyah! I expect all this because it is what has happened in the past and will continue to happen until we as a society is ground down to near third world status ourselves. Welcome to Detroit or LA! Soon to be everywhere!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:24 PM
INSIDIOUS's Avatar
Electron spewer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Honah Lee
Posts: 11,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUpower View Post
I expect the USA Feds to invite Sudanese over here, give them free housing, free food, a free phone, tax credits and since they are black they will get preference in many areas ( as if they were personally discriminated against) and then tell them they don't need to speak English or learn our customs. Which means they will continue to live the code they've grown up with and liberals will rejoice because we are "diverse". Kumbyah! I expect all this because it is what has happened in the past and will continue to happen until we as a society is ground down to near third world status ourselves. Welcome to Detroit or LA! Soon to be everywhere!
^ Exactly the reason why here in the land of milk and honey we should lower ourselves down to third world comparisons. How dare the poor have electricity?? Is that in the constitution somewheres?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 37,701
It is your right to be poor.
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-23-2014, 10:16 PM
INSIDIOUS's Avatar
Electron spewer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Honah Lee
Posts: 11,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
It is your right to be poor.
A freedom no less. Which article was that?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2014, 10:50 PM
elchivito's Avatar
ĦAy Jodido!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rancho Disparates
Posts: 4,075
Sudan qualifies as the 3rd world?
You give them way too much credit.
__________________
You're a daisy if you do.
__________________________________
84 Euro 240D 4spd. 220.5k sold
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 37,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDIOUS View Post
A freedom no less. Which article was that?
What do you mean, "article"?
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Sudan qualifies as the 3rd world?
You give them way too much credit.
13th century than?
__________________
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
2007 Tiara 3200

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2014, 12:01 AM
INSIDIOUS's Avatar
Electron spewer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Honah Lee
Posts: 11,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
What do you mean, "article"?
I dunno, wasn't there some of them in the ... uh .. er.. what do we call that pesky document?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2014, 02:32 AM
Jim B.'s Avatar
Who's flying this thing ?
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: N. California./ N. Nevada
Posts: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Well its the third world, what do you expect?
I heard a guy in SF say he went into an Ethiopian restaurant.

They just served him an empty plate
__________________
1991 560 SEC AMG, 199k <---- 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV ...

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDIOUS View Post
^ Exactly the reason why here in the land of milk and honey we should lower ourselves down to third world comparisons. How dare the poor have electricity?? Is that in the constitution somewheres?
By that logic since others have been tortured and died a horrible death we should torture and die ourselves. Let me know about the afterlife if you can, will ya?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Hatterasguy's Avatar
Zero
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milford, CT
Posts: 19,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
I heard a guy in SF say he went into an Ethiopian restaurant.

They just served him an empty plate
I got the stink eye from my buddy's liberal GF for making a joke like that. We were walking past an Ethiopian restaurant in New Haven and I said what do they serve Red Cross food aid?

__________________
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
2007 Tiara 3200

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page