Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
W211 AC Wiring

I am trying to troubleshoot my car's AC (it's hot!). It's a 2005 E320 wagon with the two-zone system. The controller seems to be OK-but the compressor never comes on. The charge pressures seem normal (static low-pressure measured 100psi on a 98 degree day). The diagnostic computer says the pressure is 10 bar-way higher than it actually is. Can anybody give me the static readings I should get off the refrigerant temp/pressure sensor (two sensors in one housing)? Also, where is the line that activates the valve in the compressor? None of the diagrams I got from Star Info or WIS spell this out. Lots of block diagrams, but I want to know what wire to probe!

Last edited by sredwine; 06-23-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2015, 07:52 PM
JimFreeh's Avatar
Benz addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, Virginia
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sredwine View Post
I am trying to troubleshoot my car's AC (it's hot!). It's a 2005 E320 wagon with the two-zone system. The controller seems to be OK-but the compressor never comes on. The charge pressures seem normal (static low-pressure measured 100psi on a 98 degree day). The diagnostic computer says the pressure is 10 bar-way higher than it actually is. Can anybody give me the static readings I should get off the refrigerant temp/pressure sensor (two sensors in one housing)? Also, where is the line that activates the valve in the compressor? None of the diagrams I got from Star Info or WIS spell this out. Lots of block diagrams, but I want to know what wire to probe!
The electrical line to the compressor is connected next to the one of the pressure lines at the top of the compressor. I *think* it's not a simple 12V on or off, it may be a pulsed DC signal to vary the swash plate. As you noted, the compressor is engaged all the time, no traditional clutch.

I borrowed an SDS computer which gives all the A/C parameters, it was essential to do the diagnostics on the system.

Refill is 2lbs, 2 oz. I was also seeing some high pressure in the system, more than I was accustomed to, might have been due to the 95 degrees and high humidity...
Static was around 120 on the low side, 140 on the high side at rest.


Jim

Jim
__________________
14 E250 BlueTEC black
94 E320 Cabriolet Emerald green
85 300TD 4 spd manual dark blue
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimFreeh View Post
The electrical line to the compressor is connected next to the one of the pressure lines at the top of the compressor. I *think* it's not a simple 12V on or off, it may be a pulsed DC signal to vary the swash plate. As you noted, the compressor is engaged all the time, no traditional clutch.

I borrowed an SDS computer which gives all the A/C parameters, it was essential to do the diagnostics on the system.

Refill is 2lbs, 2 oz. I was also seeing some high pressure in the system, more than I was accustomed to, might have been due to the 95 degrees and high humidity...
Static was around 120 on the low side, 140 on the high side at rest.


Jim

Jim
Thanks for the prompt and meaningful reply, Jim. Was your compressor coming on? what was your fix?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2015, 07:33 AM
JimFreeh's Avatar
Benz addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, Virginia
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sredwine View Post
Thanks for the prompt and meaningful reply, Jim. Was your compressor coming on? what was your fix?

W211 CDI refrigerant charge amount

Jim
__________________
14 E250 BlueTEC black
94 E320 Cabriolet Emerald green
85 300TD 4 spd manual dark blue
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page