Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > Technical Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,013
name of part

I just put new rotors all the way around plus both outer tie rods,Lower ball joints, ATE pads, (all from fast lane) 0n my Euro 500SE while doing job noticed that the rubber was bad on the rods that goes from the peice where the lower ball joints are to rear of engine compartment(there is a screw on peice like big ball joint on end of rod at rear) I don't know the name of this rod is is it a do it your self job to replace the ball joint looking peice? whats it called?
I will post photos(in open forum) of Tool I made to press in ball joints and discription of how I pressed them out........
William Rogers........
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 09:17 PM
GermanStar's Avatar
Annelid wrangler
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 4,932
The rod is called a track rod and the joint is called a track rod joint. The track rod joint in particular is a very popular part.

German Star
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page