Originally posted by inspector1
The sulpher smell has NOTHING TO DO WITH the cat or the O2 or the wiring, it is the elemental sulpher in high sulfer, poor quality crude oil that remains as it is refined into gasoline.
As it ( sulfer) passes though the cat, which stores O2, the heat helps the reaction from Sulfer to Sulfer Dioxide go, Sulfer dioxide smells like rotten eggs, or to some people like a fart.
I'm curious, why is it that I have read stories about merc owners replacing their wiring harness and the smell going away. If the smell has nothing to do with the harness, then how can this be?